Let's talk vision therapy now. Moving on to sweet "A". Today marked day number 14 for "A" patching. That is 14 consecutive days in a row for at least 2 hours a day with an adhesive patch on her good/strong eye. She is doing amazingly well! Extremely motivated and working hard at making her eye strong. I am so proud of her! Last week at vision therapy she was able to fuse both eyes and use them together without her weaker eye turning off. This was a first for her. I am praying and praying that we have a winning combo here and we can achieve greatness. We see the pediatric opthamologist in 4 more weeks for our 6 week progress check. I know we will have some good news to share.
Also, let's talk about crazy spelling words for a first grader! At "A's" teacher conference Brooks and her teacher talked about moving "A" up to the advanced reading group (AR). We both agreed because she is a strong 1st grade reader and almost at a second grade reading level. This somehow entailed her being on the AR spelling list as well. We went from spelling small words that made sense and only 8 of them to this:
bossy, grassland, spelling, puffed, scuffle, messy, hissed, Lassy, pillow, filler, hilltop, muffler, tiffed, stiffened and community.
YES...this is her list for this week! I had a hard time explaining tiffed and Lassy. We have worked thru it though and by golly she knows them all. We will continue to work on them each night until her spelling test this Friday. She constantly amazes me and I just love her so much!
Okay...I think this is all. We did have a smoke detector fiasco going on last night. At the crazy hour of 2 a.m. the alarms started going off and it made Brooks and I have mini heart attacks. It scared us both and woke "A" up. Needless to say "L" slept thru the entire thing! Amazing little girl! They continued to go off about every 20 minutes or so for 20 second intervals until 5 a.m.
I really was un-nerved by this whole ordeal. And so was Brooks. Our house is 11 years old and so we figure it's time to replace them. And that is what Brooks and "A" are doing right now. We will have all new smoke detectors wired by the end of me posting this!
I hope we can all sleep well tonight!
Hugs and love to all! We are looking forward to our cold front tomorrow. High in the 70's and low in the 40's. YAY! Bring it on!
xxoo
Sheelagh
No comments:
Post a Comment