Wednesday, July 6, 2011

River Rafting on the Mendenhall River/Glacier

Day 6: Brooks and I decide to raft the mendenhall river and rapids. We had to don foul weather gear.

Brooks is all geared up minus his life vest. The thing about this is that we were the second group to go down for the day. Which meant that the first group had already wore the gear. Which means that the boots were already wet! And let's not talk about the smell.



Ompa..lompa...that's what I felt like. The pants were huge and long and not very comfortable. Thankfully, we had fleece and jackets on underneath, otherwise I would have froze!






A view from our raft.







Ready for the rapids. It was so cold! Water came into the boat and our feet sat in the water and as you can imagine --- glacier water is freezing cold! Our toes were frozen after sitting in the water for 2 hours! It was alot of fun! Nobody went overboard...Yay!










No comments: