Friday, March 27, 2009

Sweet William we are In the Pink

Temporary housing! :) Loves the playroom...maybe because there is a t.v. in there? And a bigger bed.
A work in Progress

Old colors


New colors. Sweet William on the top and In the Pink on the bottom.


So, I'm not one to sit still for very long periods of time. Unless I am sick! And then, all I want to do is sleep and not move, and usually I am not given that opportunity!


This is "A's" room in progress. On Sunday I decided that a room makeover fit for a 4 year old princess was overdue. When we moved into this house 4 years ago everything was builders basic off white yucko. With very little time, I painted her room a pretty pale yellow to match her crib things. And then when she was older and moved out of the crib, I added some purple on the bottom and brought in new bedding. And then not too long ago, Brooks and I added a chair rail and I painted some stripes below. See 2nd picture. It kinda looked like a circus! :) Just not what I wanted in my heart of hearts.


So...the wheels are a turning now! I found the most beautiful sheets and duvet cover at pottery barn kids! Print is Elizabeth and they are fit for a princess. The theme is "happily ever after". Monday I primed the bottom 1/3 of the wall to cover up the circus stripes and Tuesday "L" and I went out and bought the paint. How did we pick those colors you might ask? Well, our neighbor 2 doors down painted her nursery a few shades of pink and yellow and it looked beautiful. It was so easy to take the bedding to her house and put it in the already painted room and pick out the pinks that matched. So, there you go!!


Tuesday night I painted the bottom 1/3 darker pink. It took 2 coats. Wednesday the second coat of dark pink went up. Wednesday night after bunco, the first coat of sweet william went up. Thursday the second coat of sweet william and all the cutting in around the ceiling was finished and the baseboards got a new coat of shiny white paint. Today, the door frames were tackled and they look fabulous now!


"A" and I bought a down alternative comforter at Marshalls today. Still looking for a lightweight wafle weave pink blanket for the summer. We need a new lamp shade, some curtains and to put the bed all together again.


In the meantime, it's been pretty stinky in her room with all the paint fumes, so she has been relocated to the playroom. And she loves it! I am tickled pink that this room is coming together so nicely and "A" can't wait to move back in!




No comments: